Sunday, October 9, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #40

It's a pumpkin-palooza! Pumpkin in both my new recipes this week. What are the chances?! Well, considering it's October the chances are pretty good you'll see more pumpkin recipes in the coming weeks.

Pumpkin Patch Stuffed Shells: This recipe is in the most recent issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. I'm always looking for new uses for ground turkey because Dr. Oz says to only eat 4-legged animals once a week so I subbed that in for the ground beef. I also used frozen spinach instead of fresh because it's cheaper and quicker than cooking it down on the stove. Other than that, I followed the recipe and boy was it delicious! Tasty and full of fiber. You know how I love fiber. We got 3 nights of dinner out of it. I wasn't even tired of it by the 3rd night. Cook this one up!

Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts: There was a time when I wouldn't waste the calories on cake doughnuts. Not worth it, I'd say. Oh, how wrong I was. Ever since I bought my doughnut pans, I've been a cake doughnut convert. I can make them at home and they're much healthier for you. I didn't make the glaze but next time I think I might. I cut the recipe in half which made 6 full size doughnuts. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!