Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #39

Two new recipes this week everyone. One was impromptu when I wanted donuts for breakfast, the other from one of the many cooking magazines I receive.


Cake Donuts: This recipe was on the package of my Norpro mini-donut tin. It's a simple vanilla cake donut recipe that I happened to have all the ingredients on hand for. I halved it to make 12 mini's and 1 regular sized donut. I'm terrible at apportioning donut batter. I always use too much and then the tops look like donuts but the bottoms look like mini muffins. Very ambiguous. This time, I cut back and it was still too much. Curses. Better luck next time. These were moist and had a good flavor. Sorry guys, I can't find this recipe online anywhere. Email me if you want it and I'll send it to you all typed out.


Pumpkin Corn Soup: Soup's on! I love making soup. Luckily, I also love eating soup for lunch. This super simple recipe is in the October 2011 issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray. Unfortunately, because it's so new I can't find it online anywhere yet. But, email me if you want the recipe. It only has 3 ingredients: pumpkin, corn, chili powder. OK, 4 if you count the water. Admittedly, this soup cooked up very quickly but with only 3 ingredients, it fell a little flat. It could benefit from a bit more chili powder and maybe some minced onion too. In a pinch, I'd make it again but I have another pumpkin soup recipe that I prefer much more. This was, however, Fiber-Rific!!

P.S. Sorry to post two recipes that I can't find online. Promise, I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!