Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipre Re-blog #41

You're reading this and I'm on a plane to Mexico! Never fear, I'll soak up the sun for you. And I couldn't let a Sunday go by without a new recipe.

Sloppy Maple-BBQ Turkey Joes: Another one by Rachael Ray. Have I told you Rachael taught me how to cook? Fresh out of college and living on my own, I would come home from work and watch 30 Minute Meals, every day. I have a number of her cookbooks and while this recipe came from her magazine, it's hers all the same. Many years ago, John put sloppy joes on the Banned List. This is a shame because I love sloppy joes. Come to find out, he just doesn't like Manwich. Other types of 'fancy' joes are just fine. The title of this recipe has a lot going on. All those words mean a lot of flavor. We had almost all the ingredients on hand except for the buns. John bought dark rye buns by mistake. Yikes! Anyway, these joes were really good. They had a lot of zip to them and a little tang too. Plus, another use for ground turkey. Winner winner sloppy turkey joe dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!