Monday, October 24, 2011

Divine Justice

I headed to the library before my vacation with every intention of borrowing the third book in the Camel Club series by David Baldacci. In the time that I checked to make sure the book was available and drove to the library, someone else checked it out! The nerve. So instead, I did something I am loathe to do and checked out the 4th book, Divine Justice. Reading series out of order is never advised but since I started this series with Hell's Corner, which I read before I realized it was actually the 5th book, I thought it would be okay.


In Divine Justice, Oliver Stone once again finds himself on the business end of an FBI hunt. Wanted for murdering two top level Defense/CIA bad guys, Oliver Stone (aka John Carr) takes off across the country to escape the consequences of these assassinations. FBI agent Joe Knox is tasked by Macklin Hayes (an old nemesis of Stone's) with finding him and bringing him in. On the train, Stone comes to the rescue of Danny Riker, another passenger also trying to escape his past, who is being attacked by some goons. They get kicked off the train and Stone heads back to Divine, Danny's hometown, with him. In doing so, he finds himself stuck in the middle of a potential drug ring and multiple conspiracies around town. The Camel Club must save him, against his wishes.


Divine Justice is similar to the other Camel Club books but I still found it suspenseful. It was a page turner of a thriller/mystery. Don't start here, of course. Start with Camel Club and work your way through to The Collectors. The third book is Stone Cold, which I'm now on hold for at the library. Finally, finish it up with Hell's Corner. Then you'll be all caught up!


Rating: * * * 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!