Saturday, April 11, 2009

Advantage: Ashley

I braved a Thursday zumba class a couple days ago for the first time in weeks! Of course, my nemesis was there but she was sans posse. I took my position and had really psyched myself up for the class all day. "You're better than her. Don't let her get to you." This was my affirmation. Evil Nemesis was in the back of the class talking to some other students (new posse?) right up until the instructor said, "OK, let's zumba!" She works her way right up next to me, sort of. She was in the row behind me but she might as well have been next to me. So I told myself, just don't look at her. Don't watch her in the mirror. Watch yourself, the instructor and the other half of the class. And I did, and it worked! I just didn't worry about what she was doing. I think I figured it out. She doesn't want to stand in the front row, she just doesn't want to have anyone stand in front of her. Well, tough! You can't stand in the 2nd row and expect there to be no one in the front row. It's a sizeable class and there's not that much room. So, I think I'm winning. We'll see what happens next time her normal posse is there but for now, at least we can co-zumba civilly.

In other news, my birthday came and went without much fanfare. I got some lovely gifts and I want you to meet, Ingrid. She has joined my purse family and while the others are a little jealous of the new kid on the block, I think they'll warm up to her in time. Ingrid is a decent-sized bag which is a big change from what I was recently carrying. I don't really have enough to fill her up, which is fine because she'll be lighter that way, but she's much more business-y and that is what I'm looking for. A bag for when I'm giving people the business. Anyway, here she is! (Picture is from Ebay so not the best quality)

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,
    You are cracking me up. It took me a little while to guess who you were talking about. She makes me crazy too and I am in the back row. Don't let her stop you from going little miss plastic face is not worth it.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!