Sunday, April 26, 2009

Here's the Story....

Every now and then I like to mix things up with an autobiography. Granted, Here's the Story by Maureen McCormick isn't the hard hitting writing that most people look for in an autobiography but for this week, it did the trick. For those of you who are not up on their pop culture, Maureen McCormick is the actress who played Marcia Brady on the Brady Bunch (great show!) for 5 seasons and countless subsequent specials. Her actual life was much more sordid. Like many child stars, she had a coke problem. But, she also had MAJOR family issues including a mother with syphilis, a developmentally disabled brother and a CRAZY brother who forced his father into elder abuse. She eventually cleans up her life and comes out on top. Yea! Here's the Story was more well written than some other actor turned author's attempts but not fabulous. It was a fast read though and her life is definitely something I wasn't expecting. It's worth it if you're looking for something different which is at times heartbreaking. (damn you comma key!)

Yesterday we had my cousin over for dinner and my sides bonanza was a hit! I made mac salad, broccoli salad, ambrosia, and my first attempt at pretzel salad, which the guys deemed a success. It just makes me yearn for summer! It was so hot it might as well be summer. I wore a dress and sandals. :) Only 25 days until vacation!!! And only 10 days till my mama comes. WHeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!