Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ashley Back on Top

Great news! Zumba war might be over!! Huzzah! I've been to 2 classes in a row (well 2 Thursday classes) with no incidents. Wheee!! I'm hoping this means I can look forward to going again instead of just going because I know that it will be good for me. On the other hand, I am at a fitness cross roads. (FYI - my comma key has been sticking so if you think a comma should be somewhere in my posts there probably should be but when I hit it I forget to go back and make sure it worked and I hate hitting it twice. Perfect example of a sentence in need of a comma or two.) About 2 months ago I decided that I had better start incorporating strength training in addition to my cardio so that I could firm up burn more calories and lose weight faster. (I miss you comma!) Where am I going with this? Oh the crossroads of fitness......this morning I put on my khakis for work (blah outfit today not gonna lie) and they were kind of tight in the thigh. WTF? I have been doing crazy lunges and squats and whatnot. If I really am building muscle I should also be losing fat right? So I don't know if I should stick with it and pray that it evens out soon? My thighs are my biggest problem area. They are the sole reason (or reasons) I can't get down to the next pant size. DAMN YOU thunder thighs! Oh or stop doing the strength and go back to all cardio. What would you do? What has worked for you in the past? In my heart of workout hearts I think it's only been 2 months and I should stick with it. But my self esteem when none of my shorts fit just plummets. Boo hoo indeed. I'll keep you posted on my decision. It won't be an easy one.

The DN's had their baby and there's a big sign on their door that says "It's a Girl -- January Faith Jones." No joke. 1) Are they kidding with that name? 2) Are they Mad Men fans? 3) Did they not Google the name before selecting the EXACT name of this actress? 4) I cannot stand the name Faith just not my style. 5) Are they hoping the daughter will grow up to look like the actress? 6) I just cannot condone this choice. 7) Why did I number this list? 8) I think it was to avoid missing commas.
..........I'm tired. Is it Friday night yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!