Saturday, April 11, 2009

Such a Pretty Fat

This week I started and finished (it was a fast read), Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. This is Lancaster's third memoir the other two being Bitter is the New Black (which my library refuses to give me) and Bright Lights, Big Ass (which I read a few years ago). Such a Pretty Fat is the tale of Lancaster's attempts at weight loss. Since weight is always something I have struggled with, and having really enjoyed Bright Lights, I had high hopes for this one. I have to say, I really enjoyed Pretty Fat a lot. I always like when I laugh out loud during a book and this one let me do that a number of times. Lancaster's writing style is very conversational but sometimes I find that a bit more approachable, especially when you're trying to relate to an author of a memoir. Her documentation of the trials and tribulations of realizing how much weight she had gained and then trying to lose most of it in order to be able to write said proposed book was very relatable and just reiterated for me that everyone has trouble losing weight, some more than others. It's definitely worth reading if you're looking for a laugh, or even if you're just looking for a little motivation. Check out her other stuff too! V. funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!