Saturday, April 4, 2009

Change of Heart

I finished Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult a few days ago after not having read anything by her for a number of months. I can read about 3 Picoult books and then I have to switch authors for awhile. Her writing style is very definitive and it sometimes makes all the books seem the same and run together. Moving on, Change of Heart is the story of Shay Bourne, an inmate on death row for the murder of a little girl and her father. He is nearing is execution date and wants to donate his heart to the sister of said murdered girl. Events occur in the prison that lead many to believe he's the second coming of Jesus. Throw in a spiritual adviser who was on the jury that found him guilty and an ACLU lawyer trying to get him hung so that he can donate the heart, instead of lethal injection, and you've got yourself a typical Picoult web of characters. This wasn't my favorite by her. If you've never read Picoult, don't start with this one. I enjoyed her twist, which somehow I never see coming, so that was a plus. The characters, for the most part, were likable enough. So, maybe it was just the story itself I wasn't crazy about. Anyway, it was just okay.

...............in other news.......................

Today is Ashley's Birthday Observed, because my bday falls on a Tuesday. We're going to the Melting Pot. Mmmmm, cheese. Sends well wishes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!