Sunday, April 19, 2009

To the Zoo! -- a brief pictorial

Look at this monkey!
Les fleurs!
I'm a sleepy lion. This was right before he couldn't keep his head up any longer and plopped down for a nap.
Look at that blue. Insane! I would like a piece of clothing in that shade and I would call it my peacock shirt/dress/tank top.
Hey man, what's so exciting about taking my picture noshing on some kale?
This kitty was asleep leaning on the glass. I respected the "Do not tap on glass" sign and left him alone. Tired kitty.
More pretty tulips. It was Tulip Mania at the zoo and I LOVE tulips. They are, hands down, my favorite flower.
Clever.
Hey, little fella! The zoo babies aren't really put on display until later on in May. I don't know how old this l'elephant is but he was cute (and smelly).

No fewer than 4 times did John have to say, "Don't look over there" because some zoo keeper was standing on the paths holding a snake or lizard or reptile in general. The first one especially took me by surprise because when someone says, "Don't look to the right" your natural inclination is to look to the right. I had to hop to the other side of John so I had a buffer between me and a slithery snake. *shivers* Later on, John didn't so such a hotshot job at warning me and I found myself passing reptiles with no notice. These animals are supposed to be captive. That's why they're in a zoo. There's a reason I don't go in the reptile house, zoo people. I didn't pay $11.00 (and that was the discounted price!) to be scared to death. Other than that, it was just a lovely day. We had even packed a lunch so we didn't fall into the fried food trap that would have tacked on another $20 to an otherwise not so inexpensive outing. Go us! We did split a twist custard though. YUM, and so worth it.

........non-Zoo related............

I beat my personal record for 3 miles AGAIN today. 28:53. I'm on a serious roll! At the rec, I thought I'd try my hand at some intervals and boy did they pay off. I'm attributing it also to my new racerback tank that I got at Target on Sunday. Those missing pieces of fabric on my deltoids made all the difference. I need to go back and buy it in another color maybe. Some disheartening news though. Even with my added strength and upping the cardio and green tea incorporation, I still feel like my main trouble spot (thighs) are in not so good shape. I tried on some capris at the mall today and my normal size didn't even really fit. So either, the store is cutting them weird (and granted that store's sizes are all over the map) or what I'm doing isn't working. I knew results from strength wouldn't happen overnight and I can definitely seen more muscle definition in my thighs but, come on guys, I tried on my shorts from last year and they weren't looking so good. Of course they were too big in the waist (story of my life lately). I don't want to have to get my bottoms altered all the time. Too time consuming and expensive. I'm just hoping that the added muscle will really start helping me burn fat off my thighs soon, even though I know you can't spot reduce. All I can do is keep at it I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!