Sunday, January 3, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip


If you've never had Buffalo Chicken Dip before, you're really missing out. It's best enjoyed on tortilla chips or celery. You can also sub in fat free ingredients like I did without losing any of the yummy delicious goodness. Don't sub in fat free cheese though. That stuff is nas-tee. I also only used 1/3 c. hot sauce, as opposed to the 1/2 c. it calls for. When I make it too spicy I get wicked heartburn because I have no control over this dip and don't know when to call it quits. I made it for John and me to enjoy while watching the Rose Bowl. And enjoy it we did, right as the Bucks stomped all over Oregon. It also was made to celebrate losing my status as a college football widow. YEA! For now, I'm just a playoff widow.

And, check out my Little Dipper. I got it for Christmas from my mother-in-law. I love all things mini. I'm not sure where this obsession comes from but if something is cute regular size, it's way cuter mini-style.


I also wanted to share with you a new wine I tried last week. At our New Year's Eve dinner at Fleming's (where they offer more than 100 wines by the glass and bottle), I ordered this Cabernet Shiraz by Pretty Sally. I picked it for the price ($8.75/glass) and the name (so fun!). It's a 2005 from Australia. I am a fan of both Cabernet and Shiraz so I thought this varietal would be interesting, and I was right! The most interesting part were the caramel notes I tasted in the background (do I sound like I know what I'm talking about?) I'm hoping I can find this in stores because I'd like to have more. According to the Pretty Sally website, 2005 was a great year for Australian wines. Their tasting notes don't reference caramel but I don't care. It was in there. They're highlighting "plum, black currant, and baking spices, with shades of pepper and cumin." If you like medium-bodied reds, this one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!