Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

It is now 2010. That is very strange to say and type. 2010 is going to take a lot of getting used to, I think. Anyway, John and I celebrated the end of 2009 with dinner at Fleming's (mmmm steak) and going over to some friends' to play games and watch the ball drop. It was a good time. I hope you all had a good evening as well.

This year, my resolution has nothing to do with weight loss, not that I'm giving up that plight by any means. I just don't want to build my yearly goals around losing weight. I have done so for many years in the past and it hasn't worked out too well for me. My resolution for 2010 is to be a more positive person. I am a big complainer, maybe you know this already. John can surely vouch for that fact. There is usually something that I am annoyed with, don't want to do, etc. that typically leads to a negative rant by me, either inwardly or outwardly to the nearest set of ears. What I've decided is that negativity gets you nowhere. Sure, there are things in my life I would change but I can't let that affect my everyday being. So, POSITIVITY is the word. When I find nay-saying thoughts creeping into my psyche, I will say, "Out, out. You've got no business here." And then instead of complaining, I will try to look on the bright side of things and put on a big smile.

My secondary resolution is to be more social. John and I have a very small circle of friends here and I think life could be a little more exciting if we could meet new people and also, see the friends we do have more often. I really feel both of these resolutions will improve our quality of life greatly.

Did you make resolutions this year? Do you think you'll stick to them? I guess only time will tell.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!