Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wanted

1) A vacation. Preferably someplace warm. I have been out of school for a number of years but still long for the days of spring and summer breaks. A time to recharge and regroup, get things done. As an adult, all things have to be accomplished on weekends. That doesn't leave much time for fun, right? We do have one trip planned but it's not until July! That's nearly 6 months away. We're trying to decide on flights for an April trip, but even that is 3 months away. An eternity.......

2) A new right foot. Despite multiple re-fittings with my podiatrist, my orthotic inserts still don't seem to be doing the trick. I still have foot pain on a daily basis, especially while running. I really don't want to have surgery but I don't know if there's another option. I'm not interested in stopping exercising to recuperate but I can feel tendons moving in my foot. That's probably not supposed to happen, right?

3) A faster running pace. Since all of my foot troubles started (see above #2), my pace has slowed considerably. When I can actually complete 3 miles without ending up in tears, it's not very fast. Plus, it's all been on an indoor track due to inclement weather. That means I'll be even slower outside when everything thaws out. How am I ever going to get any faster or add mileage if I can't complete a simple run?

4) A stronger will. Despite my mall freeze, I think I'm going to go shopping today. I don't need anything. I just want the satisfaction of purchasing something. I am so weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!