Thursday, January 28, 2010

Two Thursday Things

This started on Tuesday, actually. Tuesday morning as I was pulling into the office parking lot, I saw an orange tabby cat walking around all by his lonesome in the cold. As I headed into the building I tried to get him to come to me, "here kitty, kitty". He ignored me but was talking a blue streak. Meowing on and on. Typical feline, but I'm a sucker for an orange cat. My cat Tigger lived into his teens. Later on that day, I saw him outside my window. I couldn't hear him but I could see that he was still meowing. It was cold out there, despite his fur coat.

Fast forward to this morning and I was in the restroom, going about my business, when I heard meowing. That's right, meowing. In the restroom. And it didn't stop. On and on it went. I couldn't tell where it was coming from but it sounded muffled, from the wall, or a neighboring office. Then, as I washed my hands, the meowing stopped. Could my orange tabby friend have somehow made it inside? Did someone else bring a cat into the office? I would love an office kitty. That would be super. He could sleep on my desk when the sun beat down. He would like that, as would I. I'll let you know if the meowing persists, though I didn't hear it anymore throughout the day.

Also today, I had an evening work function. I was dreading this because it meant I had to skip zumba. However, I did have a pleasant surprise while at said function. I was chatting with an older gentlemen that I had met my first year on the job, 4 1/2 years ago. He says to me, "I didn't recognize you at all. Have you lost weight?" I was taken aback slightly because I haven't really lost any weight recently but then I realized that I hadn't seen him since 2005 and since then, I HAVE lost weight. What a great compliment! I accepted it graciously and was quite proud of myself. How nice of him to notice. Not just anybody would ask that question either, I think. I don't know that I would. But, I'm hoping it will keep up my momentum towards my newest goal....wedding weight by anniversary date. So far, so good because I will make my 20 workouts in one month goal for January and will keep right on going through February. Smaller size, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!