Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Official Book Club Selection

No, I'm not starting a book club. Official Book Club Selection: A Memoir According to Kathy Griffin, by Kathy Griffin, is the name of my first book for 2010. It is, as the title mentioned, Griffin's memoir. If you are not familiar with Griffin, she is a comedian/actress/reality show star and apparently a writer as well. This memoir chronicles her path to fame in a humorous manner. She's been in the biz for a number of years and took a lot of lumps to get where she is now, which was interesting to read. I realize this is an extremely brief summary. Like, two sentences brief. OK, here's one more: she glosses over her relationship with Steve Wozniak by printing 20 pages of e-mail snippets between the two of them instead of actually addressing the relationship, how it came to fruition, and how it ended. Why not just leave that part out all together then? You can skip that section. It's tedious.

If you are a fan of Kathy's, her comedy specials, or her show My Life on the D-List, which I typically am, you'll enjoy this book. She writes very conversationally and it seems to have her comedic timing infused throughout. If you find her obnoxious, as many do, you're not going to like this book.

Want to hear something crazy? I already have my first 10 books lined up in my book bag and on the hold list at the library. Whee!

By the by......yesterday was one my year blog-iversary. Thanks for being loyal readers, even if you're small in number. There would be no point in blogging if you weren't around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!