Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Club Dead

Club Dead is the 3rd Sookie Stackhouse book by Charlaine Harris. If you're unfamiliar with this series, Sookie is a twenty-something telepath who dates Bill, a vampire. It's kind of trashy but it's all in good fun. The series takes place in Lousiana. In this installment, Sookie finds out Bill is going on a secret mission of sorts. Turns out Bill gets himself into a tough spot and Eric, one of the head vamps, tells Sookie she should try to save him. It also turns out Bill has been cheating on Sookie (see? kinda trashy). Anyway, Sookie travels to Jackson, Mississippi to find Bill, and some answers on his fidelity.

I liked Club Dead better than the last book, the name of which escapes me right now. Bill is not my favorite character and a semi-potential love interest is introduced by Harris in Club Dead. I'm looking forward to seeing if he reappears down the road since there are still 6 more books or something. I think I like the Sookie Stackhouse series because it's pretty mindless. It's a nice departure to break up the heavier books and boy have I got some heavy ones coming up. In fact, 4 of them came up on my hold list at the same time and when I went to pick them up at the library, the guy checking me out said, "Not the most uplifting selections, huh?" Well, it's not my fault all of the sad and depressing books happened to be available at the same time. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!