Monday, March 29, 2010

Columbine

I thought it was time for a little nonfiction so upon recommendation, I checked out Columbine by Dave Cullen from the library. The title says it all. Columbine is Cullen's report and the culmination of 10 years of research of what happened on April 20, 1999 in Columbine High School when Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold went on a killing rampage. Cullen was a newspaper reporter in Colorado at the time of the shootings and reported on them first-hand. In the years since, he has interviewed countless witnesses and family members of the 13 victims.

Cullen jumps between accounts of the actual attack and the lives of the victims, Harris and Klebold, trying to sort out what led to this horrible event. This book was intense. It was so compelling; I did not want to put it down. It was the first time in a long time that I didn't look at the page count and try to figure out how much I had left. I just kept reading. This is the most interesting nonfiction read I've swallowed in awhile. I highly recommend reading Columbine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!