Saturday, December 31, 2011

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I managed to make it through a third book before the end of the year. This is what happens when you take a week off from work, ample reading time. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling follows Harry, Ron and Hermione as they study through their third year at Hogwart's. A new year means a new villain, of course. This time, the dastardly Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban prison and most people think he's after Harry. Black is likely in Voldemort's back pocket and a madman making him even scarier. Will Black catch Harry? Will another Defense of Dark Arts professor be better than the last? And what's gotten into Hermione? Read and see for yourself.....

These are really getting good now! Rowling does a fantastic job at weaving in secondary plotlines and keeping the reader guessing. I can't wait to move onto the next one, although I have a non-HP book coming up before continuing with this series. I am also really excited to start watching the corresponding movies, of which I have seen none. Luckily, at any given time, I can find just about every one somewhere on TV for me to DVR. Yea hooray!

Rating: * * * *

P.S. Have a safe and Happy New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!