Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pass the Kleenex

Guys, I am really not a crier. I have never been one of those people who cry at things they see on TV or books they read or anything like that. Well, I don't know what happened to me but lately this couldn't be further from the truth. Here is a list of things that made me mist up this week:

-the video of those dogs getting released from captivity after being medically tested for years and never having set foot outside

-a story on the Today Show when a father comes home from Iraq and the kids are surprised at school by his return

-likewise, a story on the radio about a woman's son who is still in Afghanistan and will miss Christmas again

-a special on the Ironman Triathlon when each person, old and young, fast or painfully slow, crossed the finish line, especially the 70 year old man who could barely stand up straight and kept falling down but made the 17 hour cut off mark with minutes to spare

-a Christmas card that was really nice

-reading race reports from other runners who crossed the finish line in various races

See what I mean? This really has got to stop. It's embarrassing. Sniffling and wiping snot on my sleeve while watching TV is not okay. What is wrong with me and how do I make it go away?

Additionally, the other night I dreamt that John and I were getting married again and Jay-Z was there. This didn't make me cry but, when I woke up I was slightly sad that I'm not actually friends with Jay-Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!