Sunday, December 25, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #52 and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Although it's been said many time, many ways, "Merry Christmas to you!"


I hope you're all having the very merriest of Christmases and that Santa brings you everything you could ever hope for this year.

Can't let the last Sunday go by without posting a recipe though, right?
Should I know better than to try recreating the cover recipe of Bon Appetit magazine? You'd think I would.

Peppermint Meringues: I've never made meringue before but I thought these looked super cute and thought I'd give it a shot. Well, their taste was great. Very light and refreshing. A nice, crispy holiday treat. Their appearance however was.........



If you click on the link, you'll see why I was more than slightly disappointed by their outcome. I guess I need more practice. And maybe an actual pastry bag with the proper tip. My mom tried one and then asked me to make sure they weren't dog treats. She did say they had a good flavor but they were in a different container than my other cookies. Anyway, give it a shot. Maybe your piping skills are better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!