Friday, December 30, 2011

Toasty Neck

I couldn't show this before Christmas so as not to ruin a gift but I made these useful neck warmers. I selected flannel for its coziness but I'm sure any cotton would also do. Tracing my own storebought warmer, I created a pattern and cut out 4 pieces. Four pieces because I made two of them. With right sides together, I stitched around the edges leaving an opening for turning. Once right-side out, I poured in 32 oz. of rice. I read somewhere you could add scented oil to the rice but I didn't want to do that because some people can be picky about scents. Then, I top-stitched the opening closed and voila! Throw in the microwave for a couple minutes and you'll be heated through and through. Perfect for neck pain or winter Ohio nights!

I also made some navy table clothes but they are so unexciting I didn't bother taking a picture. Plain navy fabric and all I did was hem them. Not too special on that front but I think they were enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!