Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I am over half done with the HP books now. This is good news because they are getting increasingly longer and longer and harder to hold onto. This is the 4th in the series by J.K. Rowling.

In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire the students of Hogwarts are all aflutter over the Tri-wizard Tournament. Two other wizarding schools will be sending students to Hogwarts where each school offers up a champion wizard to compete against each other in wit and wizarding battles. There is also a new, curious Defense of Dark Arts teacher and Hermione wages a fight for house elf rights. But, all wizards, especially Harry, are nervous about the signs that are pointing to a return by Voldemort. Quelle horreur! Which school will reign supreme? Will Voldemort rise again? Read it and see!

I am really enjoying these but I have a hard time offering up a decent synopsis because I don't want to give anything away and there are lots of plotlines. I'll be taking a Potter break for a few books but never fear. I'll finish it all sooner or later. I've also taken to renting the movies after I finish each book. Unfortunately, I fell asleep in the last 30 minutes of this one on Friday night. Oops! I started it later than I wanted and I'll blame the fact that by Friday, I have trouble keeping my eyes open past 11:00 pm.

Rating: * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!