Sunday, January 29, 2012

Recipe Reblog #3

Hosting a crowd for the Super Bowl? Take note!
Slow-Cooker Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches: This recipe comes from the Everyday FOOD Jan/Feb 2011 issue by Martha Stewart. This pulled chicken had the perfect amount of heat for someone (me) who doesn't like things too terribly spicy. It was also a really nice departure from your typical BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches. Double bonus, I had all but one ingredient on hand! The flavor was really nice and some bleu cheese crumbles would have melted in well, if I'd had some. I followed the recipe exactly but I'll tell you this. It suggests 4 hours on high in the crock, after you've already cooked everything. I don't think this is necessary, especially since the chicken really lost any texture by the end. I would do maybe 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high and I think it'd be just fine. Give this a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!