Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sisterly Love

Watch out. It's about to get real sappy in here, y'all.

Hands down, my sister is one of the most important people in my life. She is three years older than I am and because of our closeness, we are now both convinced that is the perfect age with which to spread children. As children, we were thick as thieves. There were many times she convinced me to trade rooms with her so I could have the "better room" and I totally agreed. Or, she often tricked me into trading stickers (from our sticker collections, duh) that she no longer wanted and made them seem like prized posessions. She's tricky, no?

We spent one year together in high school and even had one class together. Band. She played flute, I saxophone. I'm going to say I was a more gifted musician than her. Just putting it out there. Then, she went off to college and a few years later so did I. She moved a few hours away after graduation, and I visited her. A lot. For the entire first year I lived in Dayton alone, I didn't spend one weekend here by myself. Then she got married. Then, she moved to Texas.

I love my sister so much and I never tell her that. I don't know what I would do without her even though we only get to see each other a few times a year. I hope some of you have this bond with your sisters (or brothers) and know what I'm talking about. Anyway, since she's my #1 fan, I thought she deserved a post all her own on the day of her birth.
Happy Birthday, B! Wish I were there to celebrate with you!

1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever written for me!! Love you too, thanks for the birthday wishes :)
    B

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!