Sunday, January 22, 2012

Recipe Reblog #2

Will anything else ever pair as well with chili as cornbread? It's like PB&J. I have never made cornbread from scratch. I grew up on Jiffy cornbread and I love it. But recently, I thought, I have cornmeal, why not try to make cornbread? A-ha!

Creamed Corn Cornbread: This recipe comes from Alton Brown. I often forget about him as a chef but I have a number of his recipes in my binder and they are always winners. Always. This one was no different. It was not nearly as sweet as my tried and true Jiffy mix but was it ever moist! It has buttermilk and creamed corn, a big help. I use a normal Calphalon pan because I don't have a cast iron skillet and it worked fine. Give this a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!