Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tropical Beer

Since I was on vacation last week, I took the opportunity to imbibe some local brews. Well, one local, one not so local but I haven't seen either in Ohio.




Summer beers are supa refresh, y'all and this one did not disappoint. It's an offering from the Florida Beer Co. When in FLA, drink FLA beer, right? From the brewers: "Sunset Ale is an American medium-bodied amber ale with a tropical twist. It is brewed with pale and caramel malts, blended with hops, to create a crisp, satisfying taste." This was the perfect beer to enjoy in a tropical climate. Hope I run into it somewhere in here! It was only $7.99 for a 6 pack.




Koko Brown Ale is from the Aloha series brewed in Maui by the Kona Brewing Co. We were immediately drawn to it because it's brewed with toasted coconut. I will eat or drink anything that has coconut involved. An-y-thing. From the brewers: "The delicious heart of this island treasure has a nutty, toffee flavor and aroma that sends you straight to the beaches of Paradise. Kick back with a Koko Brown, brewed with real toasted coconut, and savor the mahogany color and smooth, roasty malt taste."

I was so hoping this beer would change my life. Unfortunately, I couldn't taste even a hint of coconut. So disappointing. However, it was still a delicious brown ale. I always forget about brown ales. Smooth and nutty drinkable goodness. Just don't expect coconut or you will be sad. At $8.99 for 6, even all the way from Hawaii, I would try it again if I could find it. Maybe we had an un-coconutty batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!