Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beauty Product Bonanza

Source


Can I please tell you about my new beauty find? I got it as a freebie from Sephora but I am for sure buying the full size bottle when this one runs out. It’s called Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist from ALTERNA and it is Amazefest, USA (John hates when I say that but he’s not reading this.) You spray it on damp or dry hair prior to styling and it de-frizzes and tames flyaways like a boss. It’s also a heat protectant so it pulls double duty for the $24 price tag. I intended to use it only when straightening (with my extra HOT new straightener – thanks Mom!) but now I also use it when curling or blowing dry. 



Slightly fuzzy picture but I promise the hair isn't frizzy. My little bottle is still going strong so I think the full size would last quite some time as you don’t need to spray on that much. It doesn’t feel oily (and I have thin hair), just light and sleek, and you don't need that much. The noticeable difference is immediate even when you’re just combing it through. Incredible! If you’re looking for a new product of this nature, give this a try!

In other beauty news, I’d like to encourage you to step up your lipstick game. For years, I’ve been wearing a rum raisin shade from various cosmetic companies. I have a bright red that I love but I only wear that when I want to be noticed. The rum raisin is my every day color. Until now. My sister purchased a pink shade that she didn’t like on her and gifted to me. Growing up, I often got her cast-offs so I’m used to this now. It’s kind of like how she used to convince me to trade things with her, belongings, bedrooms, etc. and make it seem like I got the better deal. Isn’t that what older sisters are for? Anyway, my coloring is slightly lighter (read: PALER) than hers and she thought it might be better suited to my skin. She was right!

But my point here is this, don’t be afraid to try a completely different shade than you’ve been using your whole life. If you don’t like it, give it to someone else you think it might work on, or buy it at one of those stores with a really lax cosmetic return policy. I feel awesome when I wear this new pink lipstick because it brightens up my whole face. It’s fresh and young. I’m still young, right? Well, I am when I wear this lipstick. I’ll also showcase the brand here because it’s the Blast Flipstick duo from Covergirl.

Source

It is long lasting without going funky on your lips. A total win in my book. You put the matte side on first and then top it with the shimmery end. You can also wear just one end or the other if you want. I don’t know how much it was because my sister was nice enough not to make me pay her for it but I’ll guess somewhere around $7 at your local drugstore. Pucker up!


What new products have you been trying lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!