Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dayton Beer Co.


Last weekend John and I hit up a local watering hole we’ve been meaning to get to for awhile. It’s not just a watering hole but a brewery, the Dayton Beer Company to be exact. They’ve been open for less than a year but seem to show a lot of promise. All beer is brewed on site. We got there about 2 minutes after they opened on Saturday and (no surprise) were the first ones there. Pulling up a couple stools at the bar, we asked for the rundown and were told what they had on tap and the pricing for flights, pints, etc. by the friendly bartender and also the owner.

They regularly have 8 different beers on tap from light to dark and everything in between. As usual, I liked just about everything except for the two IPA’s. I cannot get into IPA’s and people who love them talk about it like I don’t know what I’m missing. Oh believe me, I know I’m not missing anything. But, when they’re part of a flight, I’ll always try them. John deemed those IPA’s “not too hateful” which is a high estimation in his book.


It was $5.00 for 4, four oz. tastes so we got all 8 on two paddles and went down the line, sharing. The Coffee Porter was one of my favorites and I also liked their stout, Blonde and Amber ales. All varieties had fun, Dayton-centric names that have completely escaped me. I was disappointed that they’d just run out of milk stout, my new fave. Guess we’ll have to go back.
It’s a pretty small place with about 5 tables in addition to a small-ish bar. They don’t serve food but they do sell chips. Salt and pepper potato chips? Don’t mind if I do! While we were there, several groups came and went. They have a membership for $20 that gets you discounts on all beer and your 10th beer is free. If we lived closer, that would be a good deal. However, it took us a good 25 minutes to get there so I can’t see us going that frequently.
It was a fun afternoon and we supported a local business. If in the area, we’ll definitely return!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!