Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome, 2013

Did you party hard last night, everyone? I know I did. But, really, I HAD to. I had to ring in the Year of Ashley. Yes, my friends, I have dubbed 2013 the Year of Ashley. My reasons are plentiful. Call me arrogant but I think it's perfectly acceptable to devote a year to yourself. This year, I turn 30. OK, I can say it out loud. Thirty. I'm turning 30. No longer in my twenties. And so, for the next 4 months, I'm going to live it up and do things I would normally shy away from because that's what you do in your twenties. But, the Year of Ashley doesn't stop on April 7th (my birthday - for those of you playing along at home). After all, thirty is just a number.

My adventures and growth shall continue well beyond April and hopefully all the way until the end of 2013. I've already planned outings and events for John and me and started looking for things that scare the crap out of me that I must do anyway to prove to myself that I can. It's also an opportunity to force myself to be an adult and pay closer attention to the things adults are supposed to do, like filing their papers and bills on a regular basis instead of shoving them in a folder. Things like making sure we are getting good rates on our gas and electric bills (ugh, I know, right?) ORGANIZATION! I've come to realize that chaos kind of stresses me out. I'm a planner and there are parts of my life that need more planning attention.

So, while I can't put my finger on a phrase of a resolution as simply as: lose weight, watch less TV, go on a trip, I feel really good about this resolution and the YEAR OF ASHLEY!

Stay tuned. I think it'll be a grand time.

What are your resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!