Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Appetizer City

Hosting a New Year's Eve party, while exhausting, allows you to explore loads of new appetizer recipes. Something you wouldn't normally get the opportunity to do! I'm a bit behind on my recipe posting, hence the mid-week recipe post.

Buffalo Chicken Casserole: This isn't an appetizer but I wanted a large amount of food so this 9x13 pan full of goodness fit the bill. This came together really quickly but was a little lacking in flavor, I thought. Next time, I'd do a lesser amount of potatoes and maybe blue cheese instead of ranch.

Sparkling Cranberry Brie Bites: I wanted an appetizer that wasn't meaty and had a little sweetness to it. This one comes from Annie's Eats and it couldn't be easier. The most labor intensive part is making the simple syrup. These were sweet, tart and creamy at the same time. They look fancy too! Also, leftover sugared cranberries can be used in your champagne cocktails. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Hanky Panky Squares: These are called different things in different parts of the country but what it boils down to is sausage, cheese and seasonings on mini toasts. I changed up this recipe quite a bit but I posted it because it was my starting point. I didn't use any beef or Velveeta. Just sausage and good old shredded cheese. Because of the lesser amount of meat, I cut the spices in half. It turned out pretty tasty.

Carmelized Onion Greek Yogurt Dip: I always forget that I love dip just as much as I love chips. I printed this recipe from How Sweet It Is back in April but didn't make it up until now. WHY?! Don't look for any dehydrated onion soup mix in crap here. No sir. I carmelized these onions myself for a good 45 minutes. This was delicious! I bit time consuming but totally worth it. Much healthier with the use of greek yogurt over sour cream too. Want a dip to impress? Look no further.

Snowballs: And for some sweetness.....my mother-in-law had these little balls of goodness at Christmas and I knew I had to make them for this party too. They do have rum but it's only 2 tablespoons. You can also substitute bourbon or I suppose, leave it out all together. Oh are these ever good! White chocolate, ground almonds, coconut? Come on.

I also made Chicken Meatballs in Peanut Sauce, Three Cheese Mini Macs, another veggie dip, and hamburger sliders but I've posted all those recipes here before. Search for them if needed!

Now you have to throw a party to make all of these yummy bites. It's okay. Tell your mom I gave you permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!