Sunday, January 6, 2013

Recipe Reblog: Breakfast & Dinner

New year, new recipes to try. These were all from last year but I ran out of time to post them.

Chicken Roasted on Sweet Potatoes and Garlic: Need a dinner with minimal ingredients that comes together with minimal prep work? Never fear, chicken and sweet potatoes are here! The potatoes are roasted. Chicken gets browned in a pan and then put in the oven on the potatoes. The only change I made here was 1 Tbsp. of dried oregano for the fresh that I didn't have on hand. It was December, people. This was satisfying and healthy. Give it a try!

Breakfast Casserole: Need to feed an army in the morning? I've got you covered here too! Press Pillsbury crescent rolls into a 9x13 pan. Layer in some crumbled, browned sausage. Pour on 6 beaten eggs and top with cheese. Easy peasy lemon squeezey. The link isn't the exact recipe I used as I added salt and pepper to the eggs and this doesn't include that. I did about 1/2 tsp. of each. Everyone really liked this on our post-Christmas Christmas celebration that John and I hosted at our house. It was a nice change from your typical strata. No bread filler. All protein. My kinda breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!