Wednesday, January 30, 2013

January Sewing

First month of 2013 Sewing Resolution: COMPLETE!

My projects this month were not particularly involved or difficult but I sewed them all the same so it counts. In fact, I had pretty much made both of them before. But, I accomplished another goal here, using fabric from my stash. That's right. I avoided JoAnn's for the entire month of January. No small feat!

I stitched up the kid version of these slippers for my nephew back in 2011. I had some fleece leftover from Sadie's Halloween costume and I had enough of the sherpa lined suede for the bottoms that I thought I could make some for me too.





I didn't take a picture of them on my feet because they look pretty wonky. Not for public consumption. I like them because I can leave them on while laying on the couch. The nice thing about the pattern (linked in the original post above) is that the dimensions are easily converted for a larger foot.




I also made a sleeve for my brand new Kindle. I used this pattern last year to make one for my mother-in-law's Kindle. As luck would have it, I had enough fabric from that one leftover to make one for me. Twinsies!

Now my Kindle is safe and warm. I'm already on my second book for it. Kindle's help you read lickety-split!

Also in January, I re-purposed one of John's sweater into one of my own. I didn't take any pictures because it was a pretty boring project. But, now I have a new-to-me black sweater with incredibly long arms and that comes well past the waistband on my jeans. Hot dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!