Sunday, January 9, 2011

Recipe Re-Blog #1

The first week of my recipe resolution was a smashing success. I tried 3 new recipes. THREE!!!

Slow Cooked Ribs and Root Beer BBQ Sauce
- I made these on New Year's Day because John is all about having pork that day. The past few years we've just done pork tenderloin and it never turns out very good. Maybe I'm just not a big pork fan. This recipe calls for baby backs but those are expensive, yo. We used boneless ribs and they were just as good but not nearly as messy. The sauce had a really good flavor but it wasn't thick. I like thick BBQ sauce. Still tasty and worth trying.

Smoky Black Bean and Rice Stoup - The original recipe can be found in Rachael Ray's Express Lane cookbook. The link is a re-print from someone else but it's identical. I made this for John and me to take in our lunches this week. It was super filling and fiber-rific!

Sweet and Sour Chicken with Green Beans - I couldn't find a link for this one because it's in the newest issue of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. I was pretty skeptical because Sweet and Sour Chicken is my go to Chinese take out meal. No way this would measure up. Also the sauce was brown, not shockingly red like I like. You know that completely unnatural color you probably shouldn't eat? Love it! Anyway, this recipe, though not truly my idea of sweet and sour chicken, was also great. Healthy, quick and full of flavor.

3 for 3! And I already have my new recipes selected for this week. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!