Sunday, January 16, 2011

Recipe Re-blog #2

Yea, I made it through week two of my resolution. I tried 3 new recipes this past week. I will post them in order of deliciousness.

Cake Batter Bark: Yes, you read that right. Chocolate bark that tastes like cake batter. Color me interested! Apparently Stephanie from Stephanie Cooks is some sort of genius. This was so festive and easy to make. However, next time I would add more cake mix to the white chocolate. The flavor was too subtle for me. Also, I had every intention of sending some to my sister for her birthday next week but John seems to think it won't ship very well. Sorry, B!

Crispy Skillet Potatoes: These are also from Stephanie Cooks. I made them to go with steak on a wild Saturday night dinner in Chez G. They were good but I think I boiled them too long in the first step. They didn't get as crispy as I wanted. I'll try them again though. Maybe I'll be more successful the second time around.

Slow-cooker Chicken Paprikash: I never had Chicken Paprikash growing up and in fact I always thought it sounded like the grossest meal. The first time I had it with John's family (a staple at their dinner table) I was hooked. It was delicious. Who knew? I've made it before but I wanted to find a crockpot version. I love my crockpot. This one is from Spark People and it was just okay. I left out the mushrooms and the red peppers because I don't like either of those things but they would have made the sauce a lot chunkier. Anyway, John liked it. I guess I did too but maybe I was expecting more. I think I'll keep looking for a different version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!