Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sad News

Guys, my sewing machine is sick. The last thing I sewed was my ruffled Christmas skirt and I think that was the nearly the final nail in the coffin. I haven't sewed anything since to see if it's really sick so there may still be hope. While sewing that skirt, the bobbin thread kept breaking and my tension was angry. Good old Sal, my machine, has served me well for the last 8 years. She's never been serviced before and I thought for sure, $25, maybe $50 tops would make her right as rain. Silly Ashley.

My friendly JoAnn's worker told me they do service machines but it costs $90. What the what?! I love Sal but she was probably only $150 8 years ago. I'm not quite sure because she was a gift. One of the best gifts I have ever received in my life. So, now I'm stuck limping along with Sal and lots and lots of fabric itching to be sewn until I can replace her. Shhh....don't tell her! The sales person at JoAnn's tried to talk me into the cheapest Viking Husqvarna they stock. Cheapeast at $350. Three-Hundred-Fifty bones, guys!! I didn't even want to see it sew because I knew I'd fall in love.

.....maybe for my birthday..............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!