Sunday, January 30, 2011

Recipe Re-Blog #4

I only tried two new recipes this week. I suppose that's fine since my resolution only asked that I try one new recipe each week but since I did 4 last week, I'm feeling a little under achiever-ish.

Italian Tuna Casserole:
This recipe is found in Rachael's Ray's Express Lane cookbook. The link is a random one that someone copied onto Food.com but I couldn't find the recipe on her site so, here you go! I had a feeling this would be kind of an amped up Tuna Helper, and I was right. In college, Tuna Helper was a fancy meal for John and me. I know, right? When we got married, we decided we could do better than the Helper but I always liked it's flavor. This one is way better and has the added bonus of spinach. Hooray for folic acid! I can't speak to how simply it came together because John cooked the whole thing while I was on the treadmill. Maybe I just DID speak to how simply it came together. Ohhhh! I kid, I kid. John's got some mad cooking skillz. Anyway, give this one a try. It's extremely filling and we easily got 6 servings out of it, even though Rachael says it only feeds 4.

Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins:
Long recipe name, eh? These are from Bakerella. I don't usually make stuff like this but I've decided something about my cooking/baking/eating recently. I work out really hard and often so I should be able to eat something of this nature when I want to, darn it! Plus, I got mini muffin pans for Christmas and I wanted to use them. Plus plus, I thought these would be good to serve at breakfast for when we have overnight guests. (Hint hint: our reservation book is empty. Feel free to visit Chez G. B&B!) And the third plus in this recipe, they are MINI! I said it last week and I'll say it again and again, I love mini things. Especially mini food.


So cute I could die.

PLEASE make these! They are delicious. And whimsical. And delicious. Muffins made with pancake batter plus chocolate chips. They are in my freezer because it yielded 24 babies and I think John and I would have shamefully eaten them all between the two of us. So, now we must ration. TRY THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say. Really!